Sunday, August 26, 2007

Australia is the New Nigeria?

An email I got in response to my craigslist room-for-rent ad:

Hi,

Thanks for the response to my introductory mail,i will like you to know the full information about me. I was born and razed in Australia,i am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 26 years of age, I am extremely clean,quiet and respectful, I am a sensitive, intelligent, patient and caring person, have a good sense of humor and am easy to get on with. I am a faithful and committed person, who is very considerate of other people's feelings. I don't drug, I don't smoke and i don't drink.. I enjoy going out with my friends to movies, plays, parks, hikes, anything to do with the ocean and horses but i'm cool living with people.I really do appreciate the breakdown details of the room.I must confess i'm comfortable with the cost of the room and its quite reasonable and affordable . I will like to make the payment for the first month ahead of my arrival, and then i will make subsequent payment thereafter as i plan to stay for 12months,'ve told my boss about this and he promised to make sure that he will meet up with the payment so that I can depart from here as scheduled.He also said I will have the advantage to make payment for deposit .I should arrive to US on or before the 12th of september, so pls keep room for me till my arrival.He also said my mode of payment will be the Most acceptable,safer and reliable means of payment which is United state certified money order,so get back to me with your name and address so that i can send you the payment as early as possible.

Kindest Regards,
Trich.

1 comment:

Yup, I'm a Coug said...

You'll get several of those. They all have the same plan..they'll indicate that they'll take the place site unseen, if you accept the overpayment cashiers check and send them the left over money.