Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Hot Showers

About a week ago, something changed in my dorm: the water in the our showers got dramatically hotter. Before the change I would turn the shower knob all the way in the hot direction, only to be disappointed by mildly warm water. Not even a constant stream of mildly warm water - no, this unpredictable stream of water would fluctuate in temperature from from an uncomfortable mildly warm to an unbearable icy cold.

All that has changed though. I now only have to turn the knob 1/4 of the way, and I have steaming hot water. In fact, if I turn it any further, it becomes uncomfortably hot. The length of my showers has increased from 2 minutes to 15 minutes. I no longer wait until the wee hours of the morning to take showers in an attempt to maximize the availability of hot water. In fact I've started taking two showers a day now, one in the morning and one at night.

I find hot showers to be very useful. Whenever I'm having trouble thinking about an algorithm or whenever I'm getting bored with coding, I can take a nice hot shower, and I'll be relaxed and refreshed. I also get many great ideas while taking a hot shower. It's really helped my productivity.

No comments: