Saturday, January 20, 2007

My Camera Finds Faces


My previous ramblings about a strange unknown port on my camera should be ignored, because I've now fallen in love with my new camera. This is probably due in part to the fact the my old camera, a Canon PowerShot S110, is so old and outdated. The most annoying thing about my old camera was that some of its sensors had died, so that on every picture that it took, certain pixels were always white. Combine this with the fact that both batteries I had for it could barely hold enough charge to take a handful of pictures, and you can see why I won't be missing this hunk of junk.

The coolest feature of my new Canon SD800 IS would probably be the face detection. This is a feature that you really have to see to believe. The camera will detect faces in real time and then automatically focus on the faces when you take a picture. It's face detection was even able to find the face of a realistic looking Mark Twain statue.

No comments: