Sunday, July 29, 2007

iPhone Custom Ringtones


After spending the day hacking my iPhone, I finally got custom ringtones! Actually, the process was fairly straightforward. All you have to do is follow these simple 12 steps. It's even easier if you have an Intel Mac now that there's a program called iFuntastic that does most of the work for you (unfortunately, I don't have one).

The most time consuming step was actually finding some ringtones. I never realized how difficult it is to find free ringtones. I ended up just making most of them myself. I took some mp3 files, cut them down to about 10 seconds in Audacity, then converted them to m4a with iTunes.

Finally, you may have noticed something missing from the picture above. That's right, I also got rid of the AT&T carrier logo from the iPhone top bar (instructions here). I think it looks much better now that I'm not constantly being reminded of which carrier I'm stuck with.

No comments: